Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Breaking News: Adorable Aaron Schock calls it quits

>



Say good night, Aaron.

Too many questions about his finances, it appears -- as of yesterday including a new batch to come from the Office of Congressional Ethics.

This made for a tough call here at DWT Command -- to preempt our festive St. Patrick's Day coverage, scheduled for 3pm PT/6pm ET, pushing it even farther back into the night, or delay coverage of the departure of America's Dishiest Congressman till the 7pm PT/10pm ET slot. St. Patrick's Day won. -- Ken
#

UPDATE

It looks like Schock's predecceser's son, Darin LaHood, will be the GOP Establishment pick for IL-18. This is from Schock's statement of resignation today: "I do this with a heavy heart. Serving the people of the 18th District is the highest and greatest honor I have had in my life. I thank them for their faith in electing me and letting me represent their interests in Washington. I have given them my all over the last six years. I have traveled to all corners of the District to meet with the people I’ve been fortunate to be able to call my friends and neighbors. But the constant questions over the last six weeks have proven a great distraction that has made it too difficult for me to serve the people of the 18th District with the high standards that they deserve and which I have set for myself. I have always sought to do what’s best for my constituents and I thank them for the opportunity to serve." -- Howie

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home