Sunday, February 01, 2015

Don't you get put on some sort of list if you're suspected of being "a card-carrying Democrat"?

>


Just remember, DNC: Yesterday was my "last chance to become a card-carrying Democrat." Thank goodness!

by Ken

Yesterday was a big day. It was my last chance to become a card-carrying Democrat. Presumably as of midnight I'm in the clear! Even if that was Pacific Time, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was, I'm still good. Free! Free at last!



And I tell you, there were times there when I never thought I would live to see the day! I assume that your e-mailbox too has been stuffed with these thrilling offers to acquire a DNC membership card, coming from anyone and everyone affiliated with the card-issuing Democratic Party. And now, just like that, it's over.

It is over, isn't it? So far I don't see any new e-mails about becoming a card-carrying Democrat, but it hasn't even been a day.

Of course I never expressed any interest that I'm aware of in becoming a card-carrying Democrat. And not particularly because of the odd resonance that phrase "card-carrying" must surely have for anyone who knows any American history. The only usage I can recall for it is in the hardly desirable accusation "card-carrying Communist," which if proved, or even if not proved, come to think of it, usually meant that from that day forward your life would be hell. "Suspected card-carrying Communist" was the first thing anyone would ever hear about you.

Are we sure that "card-carrying Democrat" isn't a phrase invented by the Right-Wing Noise Machine?

No, I had simply hoped that by now the DNC had gotten the message that I'm can't think of any fashion in which I would wish to be associated with them, card-carrying or otherwise. So no, in case I haven't made myself perfectly clear, I will not be exercising any of these options:


You'll notice that I have clipped off the address at which you can "donate another amount." Do you think I would do that to you, dear reader?
#

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Mark E Bye said...

I think I received no less than 2 of these emails per day over the course of the last month. I returned each one with a note: "I'll consider this when you remove Debbie Wasserman-Schultz"

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look - I don't think love Obama enough. Listen - send us money now or your card carrying centrist Democrat credentials will be revoked.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous ap215 said...

Keep rejecting any deals they offer as long as Debbie Wasserman-Schultz is in charge of the DNC no deals.

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only vote for Democrats when there is no viable option, or the danger is dire (see: Dubya both times). I vote third party every possible chance, because party politics means that only those deemed favorable by the elites of the party ever get the nod and support to run.

With both parties kneeling before Wall St vying via oral ministrations for "campaign donations", there is NO chance that what the majority of this nation wants and needs will ever be realized.

I refuse to reward the Democrats with my votes just because they are not Republicans. They need more -much more- to win my electoral love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home