Friday, November 07, 2014

TV Watch: Come on, February -- "Better Call Saul" is getting closer! (And Mike Ehrmantraut lives!)

>

Updated, with the actual clip embedded


Latest tidings from the Better Call Saul set in Albuquerque

by Ken

Be still, my heart! I know the above picture is crap [UPDATE: all fixed! see the explanation below -- Ed.], but yes, that really is our very own Saul Goodman -- or rather, I gather, some yokel named Jimmy McGill. And Better Call Saul is apparently on target for a February rollout. And the 2:27 tease is authentically worth the trouble for anyone who's looking forward to the series as much as I am. It's got a slew of in-front-of-the-camera as well as behind-the-camera people, many of them people we've known, or whose work we've known, going back to the early Breaking Bad years.

I'm sure it's of no concern to the folks at AMC that, with the passing of Breaking Bad and the countdown counting down to the end of Mad Men, I'm on the brink of being a former AMC viewer. The AMC folks seem to have as many fans as they need for their other shows, so they don't need me, or perhaps even want me. Which is fine, since I can't imagine watching any of them except perhaps on a bet. (If there are any takers, I could probably whip up a rate card for how much you'd have to pay me to watch them.)

So, in case you haven't noticed, I really have my fingers crossed for the Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul, masterminded by Mr. Breaking Bad himself, Vince Gilligan, and his BB associate Peter Gould, giving us the back story on one of the most inspired Breaking Bad characters, that lawyer's lawyer Saul Goodman, created by Peter Gould and of course played so memorably by Bob Odenkirk. If you haven't already zapped off to watched the clip, would it help if I told you that among the in-front-of-the-camera people you'll see is another of Breaking Bad's Best-Loved, Jonathan Banks? Yes, remember that the calendar has been rolled back to 2002, and Mike Ehrmantraut lives! After all, how could you have Saul without Mike?

Is it February yet?


FOR THOSE WHO SAW THE EARLIER VERSION OF THIS POST

The original graphic and caption (with the link fixed!): I wasn't able to embed it, but you can find this new Better Call Saul tease, along with some earlier ones, here.

The only thing was, the link didn't work! Luckily, Howie -- who tells me now that he's binge-watched the whole of Breaking Bad (he assumed he'd told me before!) and loved it -- found the YouTube version of the clip. I've substituted the correct original link here for the original bum one, so you can find this clip along with others the AMC Web team has posted, including this one --


BONUS: 30 SECONDS OF PETER GOULD AND VINCE
GILLIGAN ON JIMMY McGILL (aka SAUL GOODMAN)



"What kind of problem do you have that becoming Saul Goodman solved it?" (Peter Gould)
#

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home