Friday, September 05, 2014

After Throwing His Own Christian Wife Under The Bus, Whose Wife Will Bob McDonnell Be In Prison?

>

Will Bob McDonnell start a song and dance group in prison?

Yesterday, when I first heard-- well, read-- on twitter the jury in Virginia declare Bob McDonnell guilty on one corruption charge after another, 11 in all, I just couldn't wait to watch Rachel Maddow's show. She may not know much about electoral politics beyond a "D" or an "R," or anything at all about telling a Balkan from a Baltic, but no one knows as much about the intricacies of the Bob McDonnell case as Rachel. And no one has presented the case in a more delightful and informative way.

The moment I saw the verdict coming in, I begged out of a 6 PM meeting so I could watch her show. And there is is below. I didn't use it up top, because the second thing thing that crossed my mind was the DWT art staff. I figured that if McDonnell doesn't wind up in a Club Fed playing cricket or learning how to do needlepoint, and if he really does have to serve 30 years behind bars, he'll have no choice but to join a prison gang for self-protection. Now, I don't think Bob McDonnell is a Mexican Mafia or a Crips kind of guy. And La Nuestra Familia, Black Guerrilla Family, the Bloods, Black Gangster Disciples, MS-13 (Mara Salvatrucha) aren't gangs where he'd probably feel that comfortable. He's going to have to pick between the Aryan Brotherhood, the Texas Syndicate, the Nazi Low Riders or Dead Man Inc.

In preparation, I asked the Art Director to see if he could work up a good picture of McDonnell in the not so distant future but without picking between the Aryan Brotherhood, the Texas Syndicate, the Nazi Low Riders or Dead Man Inc specifically. I mean, if McDonnell was able to navigate between Regent "university" and Liberty "university" so successfully, he can certainly pick between the Aryan Brotherhood, the Texas Syndicate, the Nazi Low Riders and Dead Man Inc with no help from DWT. I just hope Lock Up Raw realizes how powerful a special on Bob McDonnell will be for their ratings.



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home