Sunday, March 23, 2014

Food for thought (almost literally) in the funnies

>


I like to think my grasp of the technology has advanced to the point where if you click on this lovely strip by Ruben Bolling to enlarge it, you'll actually be able to read it.

by Ken

If I groped hard enough I could find a connection between the offerings above and below. But the truth is that I've had the one above for a few days, since I received it as a pass-along, and knew I wanted to pass it along in turn. So far there doesn't seem to be any action on my proposal that if Paul Ryan insists on continuing to speak in public, he be required to wear a dunce cap, or at least a clown wig. And a clown nose, I think. A nice big red bulb of a honker would suit him, I think.

Then as to today's Dilbert, which offers us literally -- or along a zigzaggy line running somewhere between the metaphorical and the literal -- food for thought, well, what can I say except that Wally, a fellow who has raised slacking to if not quite an art form, then at least to a lifestyle, is one of my cultural heroes? By the end, I feel myself in need of a shot of something strong.

I remain persuaded that if someone could just show Wally a good reason for it, he would be only too happy to buckle down and do, you know, a day's work. In the meantime . . . .

DILBERT by Scott Adams





#

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home