Sunday, December 02, 2012

You Mean NOT Born This Way?

>


The argument will rage for eternity about why some people self-identify as being gay and others don't. But one argument I had never heard before is that GlaxoSmithKline has a drug that makes you not just gay, but a gay sex fiend.

52 year-old Didier Jambart has Parkinson's Disease and has been taking increasing doses, at his doctor's instructions, of Glaxo's ReQuip pills (AKA- Ropinirole, Adartrel, Ropark). A court has ordered the drug manufacturer to pay him over a quarter million dollars for... well, bad results. It didn't start out that bad, but the more he took, the worse the results.
He sold his children’s toys to fund online gambling sessions and his dangerous sexual encounters led him to being raped, he claimed in court in the French city of Rennes.

He also attempted suicide three times, he said.

Mr Jambart was initially awarded £100,000 by a court in Nantes 18 months ago.

Glaxo appealed the ruling but the higher court in Rennes this week upheld the earlier decision, and then increased the compensation to Mr Jambert by another £66,000.

During the first hearing, he told the court: “After first taking the drugs I was bursting with energy. I would get up at four in the morning and run ten-and-a-half kilometres.

“Then my neurologist increased the dose and I completely lost the plot.

“I discovered internet gambling, and at first it was just a bit of fun but I soon became addicted.

“In total I lost between £60,000 and £90,000 online.

“Then in November 2005 my neurologist increased the dose again, and I became more addicted until I was gambling 8,000 pounds a month.

“I stole bank cards, around eight in all from friends and colleagues, and used them to gamble. I also sold my children’s toys and I borrowed money.

“At other times, I had an urge to kill someone.”

Mr Jambert said the drug also turned him into a "hypersexual, gay, cross-dresser."

He added: “I started seeking out sex with men and exhibiting myself on the internet.

“Those around me could simply not understand what was going on.

“It was only in 2006 that I discovered what was going on when I read a Canadian website.

“I sought help and was told of the side-effects, and have expert medical advice that I was the victim of an addiction.

Mr Jambert said although his marriage has survived, his family became "pariahs" in the community due to his extreme behaviour.

He said: “There was no warning of these side effects that came with the drug, although this finally appeared on the packet in 2006, showing the makers were aware of the risks much earlier.”
Wikipedia lists the side effects like this: "Ropinirole can cause nausea, dizziness, hallucinations, orthostatic hypotension, and sudden sleep attacks during the daytime. Unusual side effects specific to D3 agonists such as ropinirole and pramipexole can include hypersexuality and compulsive gambling, even in patients without a prior history of these behaviours." Be careful because American licensed drug pushers are prescribing it for RLS (Restless legs syndrome).



Meanwhile, across the Channel, a redneck rugby player in Wales does a forward roll down a hill and... turns into a gay hairdresser:

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ropinirole drug is a selective dopamine receptor agonist traet therapy of Parkinson’s disease. Ropinirole therapy is associated with low rate of transient serum enzyme elevations during treatment and has been implicated in rare cases of acute liver injury.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home