Monday, December 26, 2011

Comedy Tonight: Here's hoping you're having a happier holiday season than Lee Camp

>


by Ken

So I was wondering what was up with the great Lee Camp, and was reduced to checking his Twitter feed (if that's what you call it) -- I don't do Twitter normally. And I thought in the spirit of the holiday season, or rather "a" spirit of the holiday season, these three Tweets tell a little story.

Naturally I also wondered what's new in Lee's inimitable "Moment of Clarity" videos. I was going to say "in Lee's inimitable 'Moments of Clarity,' but I see on Lee's website, leecamp.net, that the plural of "Moment of Clarity" is apparently "Moment of Clarities." I also see on the website that the latest video is M.O.C. #102:

The TRUTH About War With Iran --




BY THE WAY, LEE IS ENCOURAGING MEMBERSHIP SIGN-UP

It's hard to resist when he puts it in terms of, you know, making a living from producing such content:
We pay for a lot of things in our lives -- coffee, cable TV, couches, concerts, and having our private areas waxed. We are willing to pay for all those things. However, the way our world is currently set up, we don’t pay to watch or hear hard-hitting internet comedy and commentary. So there’s only two ways for the producers of that content to make a living and keep at it. One is to cover their product in ads, which not only hurts the product, but also forces the producer to manipulate his/her audience. The second way is by donations from people like you. YOU make Moment of Clarity possible. YOU make it so that this webseries/podcast can continue. If my stuff means as much to you as, say, a cup of coffee, then please become a sustaining member. If you’re able to give more, then please do. Trust me, I’m not getting rich from this. I’m just trying to continue putting out my content and creating a safe, fun place for smart open-minded people to gather and talk about changing the world…. I can’t thank you enough. Keep fighting.

There are membership levels from $5/month to $50/month, with an ascending schedule of benefits, and there's a discount for paying the entire year now. I find Lee's logic is hard to argue, and I don't know of anyone else who does quite what he does, so while I couldn't afford much, I couldn't say no either.
#

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home