Friday, June 22, 2012

Sunday Classics preview: Revenge!

>


THREE SNIPPETS OF REVENGE
(EACH PERFORMED THREE TIMES)


(1)
Hell's revenge seethes in my heart!
Death and despair burn all around me.


(2)
Ha Ha! Ha, what a moment!
I will have my revenge!
Your fate calls you!
In his heart roots --
o wonder! -- great fortune.


(3)
HER: But what once with hand
and mouth I swore --
that I swore silently to keep.
HIM: What did you swear, lady?
HER: Revenge for Morold!


by Ken

Yes, we're still getting to know Saint-Saƫns's Dalila, and indeed in just a moment we're going to hear a side of her wildly different from anything we heard in last week's preview or the Sunday main post. By way of preparation, I thought this brief digression on operatic avengers would be helpful.

They'll be familiar to most music-lovers, but we'll hear them again, properly identified (including the performers)), in the click-through.


TO PROCEED WITH TONIGHT'S SPECIAL "REVENGE"
EDITION OF SUNDAY CLASSICS, CLICK HERE

#

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home