Sunday, April 24, 2011

Teabaggers Are Sick And Tired Of Being Called Racists... Try To Understand

>

Republican racists? You must be crazy! No racism there!

Despite what I've read for the past two years, I have no personal empirical evidence that most teabaggers are racists. Except here in Southern California. I went to the big teabagger effort to disrupt Adam Schiff's health care townhall in Alhambra in August 2009. I got there early-- hours early, when no one was there but a few dozen fuming worked-up teabaggers. I talked to them all-- every single one of them, in fact, until the head-bagger told them to stop talking to me. But that was hours later. So I can tell you firsthand that the California variety are racist through and through-- as well as being ignorant and deranged. All of them... or at least all the ones who showed up to harass Schiff.

Now I don't know about the teabaggers firsthand in the South. I suppose there's a chance that the teabaggers in the Old Confederacy aren't infused with racism-- just like I assume that Obama's 10% vote in 2008 in Alabama among whites could have possibly had nothing whatsoever to do with hundreds of years of (political) inbreeding among Alabama whites that makes them what they are today. But I don't want to single out Alabama. One of the most wonderful and important girlfriends in my life was from a white Alabama family and there wasn't a racist bone in her body. Besides, the video I want to show you today, the one I think shows the relationship between garden variety teabaggery and classic racism, was made in another former Confederate state, not Alabama.



I would love to hear from someone who doesn't think this is pure racism. And don't forget, to millions of men Sarah Palin is their fantasy wife.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous mediabob said...

Do did a great job of Photoshopping out the guy's prehensile tail. I'm still amazed how racists have the ability to overcome their prejudices but, obviously, prefer not to.

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Nicholas Ruiz III said...

Wow...in one word - the tea drunkard in the video is 'WRONG': http://youtu.be/IvfcnpJRf0Q

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Jeffrey C. Goldfarb said...

This type of emotive politics is a joke until its not, as is seen around the world.Its one step beyond cynicism. http://www.deliberatelyconsidered.com/2011/04/week-in-review-the-cynical-society-and-beyond/

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Cirze said...

Not wife.

Thanks for the update!

S

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous mediabob said...

"One reason to be a decided antiracist is the plain fact that 'race' is a construct with no scientific validity. DNA can tell you who you are, but not what you are." - Christopher Hitchens

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/christopher-hitchens

 

Post a Comment

<< Home