Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Hanukkah from the great Tom Lehrer

>



"Like a baby in his cradle
I'll be playing with my dreidel.
Here's to Judas Maccabeus --
Why, if he could only see us
Spending Hanukkah by the sea."

-- Tom Lehrer, in "Hanukkah in Santa Monica"

Hanukkah, the Feast of Lights, starts at sundown this evening. This, for once in the Jewish calendar, is a just-plain-happy holiday, so a happy DWT Hanukkah to all our friends who are celebrating, in Santa Monica and elsewhere. -- Ken

UPDATE: Mormon Hanukkah?

I sure like Lehrer's song a lot more than Orrin Hatch's new Hanukkah song. -- Howie

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Lee said...

Ken and Howie,

That put a smile on my face..its my first Hanukkah without my husband and daughter is off at college. BUT..Sat night I have been invited to meet and make latkes with her college friends. Like her they are all activists...And speaking of activists, that's my daughter being carted away to jail. And me in the article..

http://tinyurl.com/yg7rrsa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home