Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Ever Hear About Religionists Who Get Confused And Wind Up Workin' For Satan Instead Of Jesus?

>


It happens all the time-- and I mean all the time. But rarely is it as blatant as it's been in Arizona lately. If you read my travel blog you may have noticed that Arthur Frommer is warning tourists away from the beautiful and touristic state because of all the gun-nuts run amuck. At the time we also mentioned that a fake preacher, Steven Anderson, has been leading his very Republican congregation in prayer for President Obama's death.

The national media has mostly stayed away from the story but yesterday, FoxNews.com/, of all places, blew the whistle on the crazed right wing fanatic. Maybe they were afraid of being charged as an accessory if one of the loons pulls something. Did Glenn Beck mention Anderson's sermon, "Why I Hate Barack Obama," it on his show?
"I hope that God strikes Barack Obama with brain cancer so he can die like Ted Kennedy and I hope it happens today," he told MyFOXPhoenix on Sunday. He called his message "spiritual warfare" and said he does not condone killing. 

...In Anderson's controversial sermon, delivered at his Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe before Obama arrived for a speech in Phoenix earlier in the month, the pastor said he wants the president to "melt like a snail" with salt on it. 

"I'm gonna pray that he dies and goes to hell when I go to bed tonight. That's what I'm gonna pray," he told his congregation.

Anderson, who's an anti-Semitic fanatic, has made a spectacle of himself in the past (video from April of this year). Looks like this right-wing hate-monger and loon doesn't like what he calls "torture" or being "reviled," at least not when he's the onject. Rick Sanchez had the story of Anderson's Obama threats on CNN a couple days ago-- and put it all together in the good old CNN way before they became the Lou Dobbs Network:




Michelangelo Signorile interviewed Anderson about his calls for gays to be executed and his praying that Obama die.
MS: You want all gay people to be executed, correct?

SA: That is correct. It is what the Bible teaches.

MS: If somebody were to go out with a machine gun and spray down a crowd of gay and lesbian people, would you think that was okay?

SA: , I would not think it's okay because I believe in due process.

MS: Would that person be a murderer?

SA: No, I would not judge them as a murderer, no.

Toward the end of the interview, as he went on a rant calling all gays child molesters, I let him know I was gay, something I can't believe he didn't already know:


MS: You know, I'm gay..I'm gay, and I don't molest any children. What do you think of that?

SA: Well, I'd say you're lying.

MS: You think i must be molesting children, right?

SA: Exactly, right.

MS: Do you pray that I'll die tonight?

SA: If you're a homosexual, I hope you get brain cancer like Ted Kennedy.

Click. He hung up

He's got the audio interview up on his site.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Jack Jodell said...

Anderson himself is the one who will most definitely go to hell for all eternity for the vicious hatred he has expressed. Until then, he belongs in an earthly jail with a life sentence for his statement of death advocacy. I HATE abortion, but Anderson, just like those who kill abortion doctors, is way out of line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home