Sunday, May 03, 2009

Can I Get You To Listen To A Little Podcast This Morning?

>

I doubt I would have picked up Russ Baker's new book, Family of Secrets, had I known it was a "conspiracy theory" book. But now that I'm halfway through it, I can barely put it down! The book absolutely floors me. I thought it would just be another wonderful Bush-bashing book. It's far more than that. Baker puts George H.W. Bush (and the CIA) at the center of the two most politically earthshaking events of my lifetime-- the assassination of JFK and the Watergate coup against Richard Nixon. Conventional wisdom isn't Mr. Baker's specialty. Intensive research is-- and following it wherever it leads. In this case it leads to some pretty shocking conclusions.

I drove down to Orange County last night to see an art show by Hugh Brown. I couldn't persuade my companions to let me take a two hour detour to Yorba Linda so I could go apologize to Nixon in person for spitting on his grave. If only I could have figured out a way to make this podcast portable so they could have heard it. The podcast is an interview, last Friday, with Russ Baker, which goes into what really happens to presidents who buck the system (or at least two of them). Maybe it'll make you more sympathetic with poor Mr. Obama. Do give it a listen-- unless you are 100% certain that Lee Harvey Oswald did it alone and with no assistance and that Nixon really was behind Watergate-- and that George W. Bush won the 2000 election fair and square and that there is a tooth fairy.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Bob In Pacifica said...

FAMILY OF SECRETS is an excellent book. Baker demolishes defenders of the Warren Report and puts the Bush Family into the middle of the three key componentspost-WWII military-industrial complex: Big Oil, the intelligence community and the corrupt banking business.

There are other books that go farther to explain the 1963 coup (try to find the rare HARVEY AND LEE by Armstrong, or get the essay collection called THE ASSASSINATIONS edited by DiEugenio and Pease) and there have been pieces written about GHW Bush's hidden career in the CIA prior to becoming the DCI, but Baker's book really defines the Bush Family's central role in the destruction of America over the past fifty years. And it defines how the system really works.

It's ugly.

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous e.z. said...

...great clip - plug this into your web browser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beSbtKYq2Pk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efamilyofsecrets%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded

...by the way, this is fast turning into my favorite site. Juicy stuff. And yes, I haven't heard of this book until this morning. Should I be afraid to order this on Amazon? Scary bastards. They have absolutely no shame. I wonder if they ever shed a tear for anybody.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Mr. Baker opens his mail in a glove box.

Shirt

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous bil said...

Thanks Howie, excellent background for the mornings "Newz".

Soundz like another scary good book,
very good interview.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home