Monday, August 04, 2008

Where on Earth will YOU vote?

>


Right now I'm planning a trip to Djenne, Mopti, le pays Dogon and Timbuktu; that's all Mali. And a lot of it is relatively inaccessible without a camel-- or, thankfully, a 4WD. I planned my trip after the election. If I wasn't actively working for some many candidates, I didn't have to. Voting from abroad is way easier now than it used to be when McCain was young and you had to vote with cuneiform. Cheap joke; but when I was around 20 I was living in Afghanistan and I had to ride a horse down from the mountains to vote in the U.S. Embassy in Kabul. It's a lot easier today.

This morning I got a message from an Obama-related group called VoteFromAbroad via Facebook. They lay out the simple steps of how you can vote from anywhere in the world... even Mali or Afghanistan. They even have a YouTube:

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Vote From Abroad is not an Obama group, exactly. It is the electronic voting tool used by Democrats Abroad.

There are other tools, most notably the Overseas Vote Foundation, www.overseasvotefoundation.org.

The Department of Defense also has a tool, www.fvap.gov.

So, while Obama is using VFA, it is because of being a Democrat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home