Saturday, June 07, 2008

Senator Clinton saves her best for last, and (most) everyone agrees: It's on to victory in November!

>


"The way to continue our fight now, to accomplish the goals for which we stand, is to take our energy, our passion, our strength and do all we can to help elect Barack Obama the next President of the United States. [applause] Today, as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary race he has run. I endorse him and throw my full support behind him. And I ask all of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me."
--Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, in her speech today


I didn't watch the senator's speech. It would take . . . well, I don't know what it would take to get me to watch a political speech these days. But everyone I'm hearing from seems agreed that it was an all-time speech, including these comments from some pretty hard-boiled political types:

* "The best speech of her career -- I've never been prouder of Senator Clinton"

* "One of the best speeches I've ever watched"
(from a self-described "hardcore Obama partisan")

* "She carried herself with pride, grace, and style -- she deserves our admiration today, with no reservations"

* "Do I hear 50 states?"



CROOKS AND LIARS HAS VIDEO . . .

. . . and also provides YouTube links for the entire speech:

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxWrl9W9pf4

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em8dWlgxsiY

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b594Ia2jXYg

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc1fTJizJ-M


UPDATE: AND HERE'S A LINK . . .

. . . for a transcript of the speech.


SENATOR OBAMA RESPONDS

"Obviously, I am thrilled and honored to have Senator Clinton's support. But more than that, I honor her today for the valiant and historic campaign she has run. She shattered barriers on behalf of my daughters and women everywhere, who now know that there are no limits to their dreams. And she inspired millions with her strength, courage and unyielding commitment to the cause of working Americans. Our party and our country are stronger because of the work she has done throughout her life, and I'm a better candidate for having had the privilege of competing with her in this campaign. No one knows better than Senator Clinton how desperately America and the American people need change, and I know she will continue to be in the forefront of that battle this fall and for years to come."


AND HOW DID FOX BUSINESS CHANNEL COVER THE SPEECH?

Well, I didn't watch those douchebags either. All I know is that on Google's news page, there's a prominent "FOXBusiness" link as follows (apparently reminding us that in the past):

Sen. Clinton Attacked Obama's Character And Judgment

Unbelievable.

You have to wonder about these people. How do they live with their polluted selves? How can they bear to look in a mirror without being overpowered by an impulse to pump their teensy brains full of lead?

Unbelievable.


AND FINALLY, MAY WE SAY, HUMBLY AND PROUDLY:

Well done, Senator Clinton!

#

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Timcanhear said...

The hacks at fox and the right wing media have no conscience.
They're driven by the dollar bill and for the past 16 years they and the saudi shieks have stuffed their pockets with boatloads of cash while their buddies in this administration have done more damage to the United States than Bin Laden, Countrywide Mortgage, and Opec combined.
Rush Liebaugh's operation "kkkhaos" is indicative of the right wing campaign to once again, attempt to steal the Whitehouse. It failed as will the hacks in the gop and their immoral, unethical and hypocritical UnChristian devaluation of government and the human experience.
I too wonder how they can face themselves in the mirror without
splattering their brains on the bathroom "stall!"

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger KenInNY said...

Thanks, Tim. (Good to hear from you!)

Every now and then the Fox crowd provides us with a "freeze frame" moment like this one, and the whole "we report, you decide" lie stands baldly exposed.

And somehow it doesn't seem to matter! They go right on "reporting."

Ken

 

Post a Comment

<< Home