Tuesday, May 06, 2008

INDIANA AND NORTH CAROLINA RESULTS

>

Most Democratic primary voters say Hillary fights dirty

OK, first the idiotic exit polls that show Hillary supporters voting for McCain instead of Obama in November.
According to the exit polls, half of Clinton's supporters in Indiana would not vote for Obama in a general election match up with John McCain. A third of Clinton voters said they would pick McCain over Obama, while 17 percent said they would not vote at all. Just 48 percent of Clinton supporters said they would back Obama in November.

Obama gets even less support from Clinton backers in North Carolina. There, only 45 percent of Clinton supporters said they would vote for Obama over McCain. Thirty-eight percent said they would vote for McCain while 12 percent said they would not vote.

Obama voters appear to be more willing to support Clinton in November. In Indiana, 59 percent of Obama backers said they'd vote for Clinton, and 70 percent of Obama backers in North Carolina said they'd support the New York Democrat.

This is complete poppycock and the numbers mirror the 2000 split in the GOP split between McCain and Bush voters who solemnly declared they would never vote for their nemesis-- although in the end, the only Republicans who didn't vote for Bush were John and Cindy McCain themselves.

CNN just projected North Carolina for Obama, moments after polls closed there. They still haven't called Indiana, where Hillary is ahead so far but where northwest Indiana-- where Obama is expected to do well-- hasn't been counted yet. (By the way, 25% of Republicans aren't voting for McCain in the GOP primary in Indiana.) I'll update results as they come in, although North Carolina results from the Board of Elections are being updated every few minutes. And, predictably, the Indiana Secretary of State's website isn't working. NY Times results, demographic breakdown and delegate counts in Indiana and North Carolina are great resources.


UPDATE: INDIANA TIGHTENING

Democratic parts of Indiana are starting to come in and Obama is tightening the race up a bit. With 42% reporting it's Hillary with 277,233 (56%) and Obama with 218,794 (44%). A little under 11% of the votes in North Carolina have been counted and Obama has 288,035 (59%) while Hillary has 191,553 (39%).


UPDATE TWO

Obama's strong counties in northwest Indiana near Chicago aren't in yet but half the state has reported. Clinton's got 320,596 (55%) and Obama has 262,783 (45%). In North Carolina only 14% of the votes are counted. Obama has 377,360 (59.46%) and Clinton has 245,750 (38.72%).


UPDATE THREE

Obama congratulated Hillary on her win in Indiana but... it sure is getting close. With 78% of the Indiana vote in, Hillary has 503,060 votes (51.6%) and Obama has 471,609 votes (48.4%). And still no votes counted in Lake County where he is expected to win in a landslide. Could he actually win? Well... he could, but it's not likely. It will certainly be very close though. In North Carolina 29% of the votes are counted. Obama has 692,822 (54.89%) and Clinton has 540,775 (42.85%). Let's move along to the next post.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm.....I will never vote for Obama and it has nothing to do with Hillary.

I simply do not like Obama. He does not represent me. I do not think he has any experience and I do not care for a "celebrity" president. I also don't buy his fluffy speeches.

So there you have it. This is why I will vote Hillary or Mccain.

 
At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iam from Indiana and I will not vote for Obama. I want someone with leadership qualities not someone that gets a vote for his race or because he is supported by a talk show host. Gov. Evan Bayh to me is a great politician and he supported Hilliary.

I want someone who can step up and have a solution for a problem not sit there and wait for someone else to do it then say no it's wrong, but don't have a solution for the problem.

I can't believe Iam saying this but GO MCCAIN!

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU KNOW I LIVE HERE IN INDIANA,IT DOES NOT SURPRISE ME THAT INDIANA WILL VOTE FOR MCCAIN JUST FOR GP REASONS,THIS IS THE WAY THE STATE IS.MORE THAN HALF OF THE PEOPLE HERE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT THEY VOTED FOR,I WANTED TO SEE IF THIS WAS TRUE AND I ASKED A LADY ONE DAY AND HER ANSWER WAS AND I QUOTE"WELL I DON'T WANT TO VOTE FOR OBAMA" AND WHEN I ASKED WHY,SHE COULD NOT GIVE ME AN ANSWER,SO MY THING IS WHY VOTE..THE PEOPLE HERE HAD RATHER GO ANOTHER ROUND WITH THE BUSH ERA THAN VOTE FOR THIS MAN.AND IT IS SAD.good luck Obama..We need the new in office and we as young Americans are standing behind you,GOOD LUCK

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If McCain is your choice and you share his views and policies, then as an American, vote for him! It is your constitutional right! If your choice is based on bitter feelings of retribution or prejudice, then you would be dishonoring the right to vote, which brave men and women have died for.

Passionately support your candidate, and listen to the policies you think are important, not the media hype.

If you support Sen. Clinton's policies and would then vote for McCain, are her and his policies alike? She has presented herself as an opponent to the Republican policies. So, to follow her lead, a voter would need to focus on the issues where there is a fundamental difference between the Republican and Democratic platforms.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger all american 1 said...

This campain has really shown the people of our great country just how far we have in race relations. (not that far)!

The big question in the election has been why has the younger generation and the african-american people rally around Obama?

We want a change!! The Rev. Wright stuff has alot of people mad but stop for a minute and ask yourself why. Alot of what this man says is the truth and alot of americans don't like to hear the truth. I don't like his tone and how he said it but I agree that alot of the stuff is true.

In this country, a white male doesn't know how it is to be a black male and the things that he goes through because he never thinks of stuff like that. A black male doesn't know how it is to be a white male.

In order to have a understanding of the different cultures there has to be communiction. That is something that the older generations want do. The younger generation has started doing that and it is showing in the polling nation wide and that is something that the country really needs!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger edtrowell said...

As an American I'm upset with people that won't vote for the better candidate because of color. For years now there has been only one race in the white house. Now tell me have your pockets felt relief. I think not. So why not break the cycle that your parnet and their parents cherished and vote for the better candidate instead of the white candidate. Vote for someone that wants people as a whole to come together. Let's set race aside and vote for someone that will fight for us and not their name or dynasty.

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And so it starts...If I don't vote for Obama, then I must be racist. I think that tactic will backfire.

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see that Republicans and Hillary supporters will engage in the race baiting. My support for Obama has absolutely nothing to do with race. It is preposterous that anyone would think so. Many many Democrats expressed a dislike for Ms. Clinton when it was rumored she would run. But, we were disregarded. Many of us had our ear to the ground and knew that there was still a lot of Clinton hatred in the country.

Obama wins voters by being cogent and relevant. I would vote for him even if he was white.

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me not voting for Obama has nothing to do with race either...but when a man has a commercial on tv that he says he supports and he brags that it will be "his" White House, well that puts me on the defense. I was always thaught the White House was the American peoples White House and futhermore my father faught in WW2 and he fought for me to have the right for me to vote however I choose not for someone to judge me because since I don't want to vote for Obama that Iam racisit and I don't understand ...What I do understand America should be America not black white mexican or anything we are one nation under GOD...people want equal rights stop seperating yourself from the rest of the nation to have more rights then everyone else my son should be able to get the same scholarship for school that everyone else's son should be able to get and everyone else's sons should be able to get what my son has in scholarships....I didn't like the Bush years at all and I did not vote for him, but saying voting for Clinton will be the same is insane...I have study Clintons views and Obama's views and have been really looking into McCains views and that is how I made my choice not by tv hype or anything else so for the other person from Indiana don't judge the whole state on one person that didn't feel the need to explain why that didn't vote for Obama. You can ask me anytime for the reasons why I didn't and I can back them up with get this not media hype or emails but with the truth...God Bless America oh I forgot that isn't political correct is it,.....for the 14% of America that don't believe in God...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home