Monday, October 15, 2007

LARRY CRAIG GIVES US A PEEK INTO WHAT KIND OF A MAN MITT ROMNEY REALLY IS-- AS IF WE DIDN'T KNOW

>

Did Mitt learn some tricks from Wide Stance Larry?

Disclaimer: I can't say I like any of the what Newt Gingrich dubbed "the pathetic pygmies."™ Gingrich hit the nail on the head. But there's something about Romney that makes him stand out. I can't say he's "the worst." I can say the thought of him in the White House-- no matter how unlikely-- makes me want to hurl the most. Perhaps that's because I saw his sleazy vulture "investment" firm, Bain Capital, take part in the rape of a company I worked for, Warner Bros. Records. They moved in, stripped the most valuable assets and left the company unable to function, staying afloat, albeit barely, by selling bonds instead of CDs.

Yesterday's L.A. Times reported another dust-up between the pygmies that made Romney look very much like Full O'Mitt.
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), in an unusually sharp attack, pointed to Romney's record of support for liberal causes-- and even for Democratic political candidates-- in the past and while he was governor of Massachusetts.

"As we all know, when he ran for office in Massachusetts, being a Republican wasn't much of a priority," McCain said at a speech in New Hampshire. McCain was responding to remarks made by Romney on Friday portraying himself as the most reliable conservative of the GOP front-runners.

... Romney, too, has liberal elements in his record that he has had to explain in his effort to position himself as the conservative standard-bearer. He once supported abortion rights but has changed his position. He used to be seen as sympathetic to gay rights but now emphasizes firm opposition to gay marriage.

McCain cited two lesser-known points from Romney's past: In 1992, he voted in the Democratic presidential primary, and he donated money to a New Hampshire Democrat running for Congress.

"So you'll understand why I'm a little perplexed when Mitt Romney suggests he's a better Republican than me," McCain said.

Long before he tossed his hat into the pygmy ring, Romney had earned the nickname "Flip Flip Mitt." It is well deserved and well-known. But what has been coming out about him that has been less discussed is the nature of his character. It's not a pretty sight. Tomorrow Idaho Senator Larry Craig will be the featured guest on Matt Lauer Reports and then a guest on NBC's Today show. The taping includes him going off on Romney:
“He not only threw me under his campaign bus, he backed up and ran over me again."

Craig had been a key Romney strategist, his Idaho chairman and his Senate whip. Romney certainly knew Craig was a closet queen who had been caught in the past trying to pick up men and boys in public toilets. It didn't stop him from signing Craig on to the campaign. But when Craig's latest bathroom initiative splashed all over the front pages, Romney was the first to unceremoniously toss him overboard. Romney just issued a statement that Craig no longer existed as far as his campaign was concerned and didn't even have the courtesy to give Craig the cover of having asked to be relieved of his responsibilities so he could spend more time with his (fake) family. He followed it up by forbidding his young son-- who was scheduled to campaign in Boise-- to even set foot in the state, making it appear that Idaho was contaminated with perverted toilet trawlers.




UPDATE: HE'S NOT GAY AND HE DOESN'T USE THE INTERNET

Sounds like Larry Craig may have gotten his ideas about the Internet from Ted Stevens (R-AK). "I don't use the Internet. I don't have a computer at my desk. I've never used the Internet. It's just not what I do. I e-mail with my Blackberry." That's what Wide Stance Larry told Matt Lauer. Maybe he meant he was using his blueberry.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which one's the worst? It has to be Giuliani.

No wait, Thompson!

No, I mean Romney. McCain! Brownback! Huckabee!, No, Gingrich! Tancredo!

What was I thinking, it has to be Duncan Hunter.

No wait...

Ah gee, I can't make up my mind.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger cybermome said...

Bain eh?

I worked for a company that got raped by Bain too.It got so bad that Bain brought in one of their "Bain boys" to be CEO They never do that except if the company is in trouble...

I was interviewed in the summer by a reporter who is doing a book on Romney AND Bain...Highlighting the companies that Romney helped run in the ground..Its being published by Penguin Books and I will let you know when its published

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger seenos said...

Romney always struck me as the classic example of someone who seems way too stupid to be so financially successful!

Then I read the book, Fooled by Randomness," by Nassim Nicolas Taleb, and it all made sense.

Romney has been exceedingly fortunate (and probably quite ruthless too) in his financial dealing, but he's so dumb he thinks it's all because he's brilliant!

I've also likened him to Sam Malone from Cheers - a complete dolt who thinks he's charming!

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watching KO right now and he is mad that Craig used the under the bus quote that KO wrote weeks ago. Not only is Craig a "wide stancer" but a quote thief as well.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Oilfieldguy said...

“He not only threw me under his campaign bus, he backed up and ran over me again."

But they cut out the rest of his quote:

"Fortunately my wide-stance allowed the bus to pass between my legs"

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love the photo of Mitt as he prepares to execute a full-cavity search for votes in the bowels of the Christian Right.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger DownWithTyranny said...

Bluestatedon, look what he pulled out!

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mitt Romney packs the fudge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home