Tuesday, October 23, 2007

IS GLENN BECK ON DRUGS AGAIN? DID HE SET THE FIRES IN CALIFORNIA? DOES CNN HAVE NO CONSCIENCE AT ALL?

>


In May when the firefighters banged on my front door and told me I had 30 seconds to evacuate my house I was annoyed. Then I looked out the back windows and saw the flames shooting up into the sky. I was out of there in 20 seconds. I was a horrible feeling-- like I might never see my home again. My heart goes out to everyone in southern California who is going through that horror tonight. Many friends and family members have called to ask me if I'm ok. All the dry wooded areas in the Los Feliz hills burned down in May. We're doing OK. The fires are an hour away (as the car drives).

Even when I heard that Mel Gibson's house might burn down, I didn't have any feelings of glee. Nor did I when I read reports that Ken Starr was seen fleeing half clothed from his Malibu digs near the right-wing college he teaches at where the grounds were aflame this morning. I called the police and asked if they needed people in vehicles to drive down there to help with rescues. They didn't.

But I was shocked, even dismayed, to hear the public radio waves being used to stir up hatred by right wingers rejoicing that some of the victims of the wildfires were probably Democrats. CNN anchorman and psychotic hatemonger Glenn Beck was at it again. Does this guy belong on the public airwaves? The one person who died was a man in a wheelchair who couldn't get out of his burning home. Was Glenn Beck beating off at the thought that the man might have been a liberal?
"I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today. There are a few people that hate America. But I don't think the Democrats are those. I think there are those posing as Democrats that are like that."


Is Beck even aware that the quarter million families evacuated in Northern San Diego County are probably mostly non-political, Republicans and independents, not Democrats? Not that that would matter to anyone in their right mind to begin with! A responsible journalist might instead be asking why fire fighters haven't had the funding necessary to adequately prepare for this predictable predicted catastrophe. And the rest of us might ask the same question-- as well as one for CNN: Why hasn't Glenn Beck been fired yet? These people are a disgrace to journalism.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sociopaths like Beck have no empathy or sympathy for others in peril. He'd care only if it were his house in flames.

Beck has the right to spew any verbal venom he wishes. But we have the ultimate control over him. Once we ("we" includes the ignoramuses and bigots that comprise his core audience) stop watching and stop buying the sponsors' products, his show goes bye-bye. And yes, he's a world-class prick.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Problem is, the perception exists that there's not enough right-wingers on TV. Thus, folks will continue to watch him in droves, as they will continue to watch Fox News. Such is life I suppose.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

Beck will not be fired for one simple reason: He speaks for Corporate News Network and their far right Orwellian agenda. His twisted, sick warped view of our country is THEIR twisted, sick, warped view of our country. That's why he is there. He was hired as yet another of their propagandists and he will remain in place, promoting Repug hate spew right along with the rest of CNNs news goons. Whether it's Larry King telling us what a fine family the Bushes are, Nancy Grace shamelessy railroading Duke students before they even get a trial, or Wolf Blitzer fawning over his Repug guests and promoting their war, it's all the same and of a piece. I gave up watching CNN after election night 2004. I couldn't stomach their hardly concealed gloating at the subverting of democracy. That they can even call themselves reporters is perverse in the extreme.

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

About 15 years ago, liberal Minneapolis newspaper columnist Nick Coleman wrote a column similar to Beck's remarks about fires in Malibu, and how he was shedding crocodile tears for all those rich folks on the ocean whose houses were burning. Having had my own house burn to the ground a couple years prior to that, I wrote Coleman a scathing letter. The chicken$hit never responded. So it's not all just right-wingnuts who do this.

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becks follow-up on his statement about the burning houses of America haters was that the comment was meant to be a joke and that only PC left wingers failed to note the humor. If this is true, and who can tell what Beck really means, it was a topic about as appropriate to joke about as 9/11 victims. But Beck has joked about them too. I would not care if the guy was even 1/100th as funny and smart as, say, Jon Stewart. But all Beck spouts is unfunny gibberish and there is no reason for CNN to keep him on the air except that it is afraid of the shit storm the wingnuts will kick up if it gets rid of him

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beck is not an "anchorman" he's a TV commentator and radio talk show host. And he's not on CNN, he's on CNN Headline. And if you actually heard what he said rather than relying on Media Matters to spoon-feed you out-of-context morsels, you might have a better understanding of this latest watchdog-fabricated "outrage."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home