Saturday, December 02, 2006

Looking for someplace to eat in Buenos Aires? Howie has just the spot! (Meanwhile, he's worried about electronic voting back home)

>


Wouldn't you know! The one day I didn't check my personal e-mail account (I actually took off work yesterday, among other things to try to keep my head above the murky blogwaters), there were tidings from our roving founder in Buenos Aires:

"Hey Ken! Lovin' B.A. although I leave tomorrow for Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil and a swamp for 10 days. I did a post in the travel blog just now that you might want to refer people to, perhaps in combination with this story I just found in my e-mail. What a coincidence!! "

And this late word just in from Uruguay:

"I just got to Montevideo--very different from Buenos Aires. Laid back and sleepy and informal and quiet. And I just checked in to a hotel (my first of this trip).

"The travel blog post went up fine; it just took half an hour for some bizarre reason. I've been writing there now and then and I may capture some Uruguayan impressions later today."

The "travel blog," for those who don't know, is "Around the World," and I can personally vouch for the fact that the Buenos Aires post is indeed up for persual now.

As for the story Howie wanted to refer you to, courtesy of truthout.org, here it is:

FOCUS | Security of Electronic Voting Is Condemned by Federal Agency

Paperless electronic voting machines used throughout the Washington region and much of the country "cannot be made secure," according to draft recommendations issued this week by a federal agency that advises the U.S. Election Assistance Commission. The assessment by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, one of the government's premier research centers, is the most sweeping condemnation of such voting systems by a federal agency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home