Thursday, December 14, 2006

Howie writes about his time back in Buenos Aires while preparing to shoot south to Tierra del Fuego

>

I've been so occupied with DWT business today--not to mention making a gesture at doing my actual job--that I failed to notice that Howie slipped a new post onto his travel blog, "Around the World."

He's been tramping around Buenos Aires (see the map above), preparing for the big strike down to the "Land of Fire" (that's a view of it in our opening photo), and so he's written about walking around some of the vast metropolitan area--as well as a trick he discovered that makes it possible for canny travelers flying into Argentina to be able to afford something the locals by and large can't: flying around their country.

4 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howie needs to hurring up and head home, he is missing all of the Ellen Tauscher fun.

But the travel blog ROCKS!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger DownWithTyranny said...

I helped get the Ellen Tauscher drive going before I left; don't worry. And I'm staying in close contact with the others who are helping find a candidate progressives can get behind in a primary. I'll be back in 2 weeks.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, we all know, but we miss you damnit. Enjoy your R&R and have a safe trip!

P.S. This is already hella fun!

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger DownWithTyranny said...

In fact, I'm sitting in a locutoria in the domestic airport in Buenos Aires right now. I just got here, an hour ahead of schedule, after confirming with Aerolinas Argentinas that the flight was on time, just to be informed that the plane to Tierra del Fuego would be taking off "around noon" instead of at 8:40. Grrrrr... I could have been back at the hotel swimming or reading or just relaxing in comfort.

Anyway, what I have been doing is communicating with our old pal Dave Lutrin. Hopefully you'll recall that Dave was the Blue America candidate, the anti-war progressive, running against Mark Foley-- until Rahm Emanuel found out Foley was bonkin' the pages. That inspired Rahm to go out and recruit Tim Mahoney, a corrupt Republican scam artist who was willing to change his party registration for a promised easy shot at a very Republican seat.

I asked Dave to join us at Firedoglake in early January when we resume our regular Blue America live chats there. Dave told me today that he's far from finisheed with politics and that he'll be happy to talk with our community about his experiences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home