Monday, October 02, 2006

WELCOME THE SPOTLIGHT PROJECT TO DOWN WITH TYRANNY

>


In the last few days I've had a number of e-mails from readers asking me about the little "spotlight" tag under the posts. I'm glad you noticed. DWT has signed on with the Spotlight Project, whose primary function it is to examine the role media plays in politics. It will enable DWT readers to communicate directly with members of the press, just the way I did to get some traction for some of my Jerry Lewis and Duke Cunningham stories.

Mark set this up for me a few days ago and he suggested that the best explanation anywhere was at... surprise... Firedoglake. Read what Jane had to say and let's give it a test run here.

I just tried it and it was fun and easy. If anyone wants to give it a shot, I'd love to hear about it. So many people have been leaving comments about why the Pennsylvania media doesn't investigate the charges that Phil English was arrested as a sexual predator. Well, although that old entry (at the link) doesn't have a spotlight tag, some enterprising soul could start the media frenzy-- and the Erie reporters are in the Spotlight databank-- with yesterday's piece on English's opponent, Steve Porter. Just a suggestion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home