Sunday, July 23, 2006

LIKE A HOME VIDEO-- BUT ABOUT LIEBERMAN

>


A few months ago I was in San Francisco for some business meetings. I got a delightful break when Eric Predoehl of the awesome Louie Louie blog asked me if he could interview me about my years in the music business. I'm not sure what he's going to do with the hours of tape he shot, but a couple days ago he e-mailed me and asked me if it was OK to put a piece of the interview up on You Tube that dealt with me talking about George Bush's and Ann Coulter's favorite Democrat, Joe Lieberman.

There's not much new in it in terms of content but I figured I'd put it up on DWT in case any of the regular readers here want to see my mug and hear my potty mouth (though not any more potty than Bush's).

3 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Scott said...

I worked many years for a small independent record store chain in the Monterey Bay area and I remember very well the whole Body Count "controversy", Dead Kennedys, the PMRC and the Luke/Two Live Crew episode as well.

The Body Count record was dead until they started talking about it on tv. The funny thing is the "culture war" people never get the fact that all the free publicity and controversy just sells more records and makes them look like idiots. Zappa did a very good job challenging them. Wonder what he think about what is going on right now?

Thanks for bringing back the memories.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger B. Muse said...

Howie, I'm sorry to be so off topic, but I told you I would find more info about Roger Sharpe, running in the NC-05 against Virginia Foxx. BlueNC has its candidate interview up with Roger and he really took some time with the piece. I thought I'd bring you a link. Betsy

http://www.bluenc.com/node/3100#comment-22835

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger DownWithTyranny said...

b. muse, Foxx is one of the 10 most reactionary members of Congress-- not just one of the worst in North Carolina, one of the 10 worst in the whole Congress. Every time Progressive Punch updates their rankings, Foxx's voting record turns out at the very bottom of the barrel. Her main competition for the "Who Would Hitler Vote Like If He Were in Congress?" Award is Patrick McHenry (always the #1 worst congressman in America, also from NC), Virginia's Eric Cantor (what an irony), and 3 lunatic fringe psychos from Texas: Pete Sessions, John Carter and Randy Neugebauer. Virginia Foxx is even worse than Mean Jean Schmidt, who won last year's "Who Would Hitler Vote Like If He Were in Congress?" Award.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home