Friday, February 17, 2006

ACTIN' BLUE FOR NED LAMONT-- THE MAN WHO COULD RID US OF THE PERNICIOUS JOE LIEBERMAN

>


Just before I went out today to see that new Judi Dench movie-- Bush-oriented review to follow-- I took a look at what MyDD was up to and I found another great piece from Matt Stoller called "Ned Lamont, the Political Entrepreneur". On my (Safari) browser the picture is screwed up so I decided to write a comment commending Matt on his piece about Lamont and suggesting people click on the DWT Art Department's awesome rendition (shown on this page). And then I decided to through in another comment as an afterthought. I noticed that Matt had donated $500 to Lamont and I thought that was awful generous. So I suggested to the MyDD readers that I would match any DWT ACT BLUE Page donations that came in the next 24 hours (up to the legal Feingold-McCain limit, of course). And then I went to meet Craig and Ray for the movie and dinner.

When I got back, I saw that the ACT BLUE Page had had hundreds of new visitors and over $1,000 in contributions already! I guess people really don't like Lieberman!! I can't wait to put my credit card down tomorrow and I sure hope it's for the full $2,100. One of the really cool things about the MyDD readers who came over is that some of them also donated to the other candidates on the page, Francine Busby (CA), Ben Cardin (MD), David Lutrin (FL), Lois Murphy (PA), Chuck Pennacchio (PA), and Ciro Rodriguez (TX).

Have you ever visited the DWT ACT BLUE Page? Click here and check it out. And remember, if you give Lamont $10 it's like giving him $20 because I'm gonna match you today. And if you're feeling flush and think Lieberman is as much of a viper as I do, give $50 and it'll be like donating $100 to bring him down. And thanks! Update tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home