Friday, August 12, 2005

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD BILL O'REILLY TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT ANYTHING OF SUBSTANCE?

>

I have a friend named A. who sits and watches Fox "News" whenever he's at home. He can't get enough of O'Reilly and thinks O'Reilly is a moderate. A. claims to be anti-Bush, but like more than a few American Jews, he was happy to see Bush commit American troops to attack Iraq, a policy that is disastrous to America (and probably to Israel) but that was very much pushed by Ariel Sharon's far right party and his U.S. allies, the neo-cons. A. doesn't understand why people refer to Bill O'Reilly as Bill O'Lielly. Since A. wasn't aware of who Cindy Sheehan is when I asked him yesterday he probably isn't aware that O'Lielly has been busy smearing this grieving mother's reputation all over Fox (when he isn't trying to turn the Rolling Stones into the Dixie Chicks). O'Lielly's latest moronic ploy was to claim, along with other right-wing Bush propagandists masquerading as journalists, that the Sheehan family strongly opposes Cindy's actions. Today I saw Cindy's response to O'Lielly's latest pack of o'lies.

"Still putting out the O'Reilly fires of me being a traitor and using Casey's name dishonorably, my in-laws sent out a press statement disagreeing with me in strong terms; which is totally okay with me, because they barely knew Casey. We have always been on separate sides of the fence politically and I have not spoken to them since the election when they supported the man who is responsible for Casey's death. The thing that matters to me is that our family -- Casey's dad and my other 3 kids are on the same side of the fence that I am."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home