Friday, May 11, 2012

Sunday Classics preview: Put these two little orchestral excerpts together, and you'll know the subject of Sunday's post

>


by Ken

Tonight we have two orchestral excerpts. The first, about four minutes, is clearly an introduction to something. (In the click-through we're going to hear it again and take it just a bit further.) The second, a scant minute, is a tiny morsel snatched out of the early going of a staple of the orchestral literature, which we've heard before and will hear again in its entirety in the click-through.

Excerpt 1


Excerpt 2


The works from which these excerpts are drawn are related, but not the same. The performers in both, I will tell you, are the same: the Bavarian State Orchestra conducted by Hans Knappertsbusch. As I suggested in the post head, if you put the two excerpts together, you can hardly fail to know what the subject of this week's Sunday Classics post is going to be.


FOR THE MORE EXTENDED VERSIONS
OF OUR ABOVE EXCERPTS, CLICK HERE

#

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous robert dagg murphy said...

I am guessing Silence of the Lambs. When I click on it I don't hear anything.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger KenInNY said...

Sorry, Robert. I've had some trouble too this week too, but in the end I've gotten all the clips to play. Sometimes I've gotten results by the child's trick of pressing repeatedly. Oh well.

Ken

 

Post a Comment

<< Home