Monday, November 03, 2008

I Decided To Vote For Obama

>

Obama isn't perfect. I don't like that he voted to give Bush FISA authorization. I don't like that he may work closely with a crook like Rahm Emanuel. I don't like this and I don't like that. And I seriously considered not voting at all. I really did. Then I remembered... Obama is probably the best candidate who's run for president in my lifetime and McCain is absolute, unadulterated crap. So I'll vote for Obama tomorrow-- and work as hard as I can and pray that God doesn't let the Republcians steal the election again like they did in 2000 and 2004. Matthew Broderick has a good idea:

3 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Ferris Beuhler tease at the end.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Jimmy the Saint said...

Howie:
Since you don't vote in "the real America", you could vote McKinney or someone else. He isn't perfect obviously, I'd just prefer Obama run up the vote total. Send McPalin to defeat like the last clown from Arizona who had the Republican nomination.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share some of your concern about what Obama will do or not do as President. I live in CA so I could vote a protest vote if I wanted to but I'm going for Barry and Joe because I want to be a part of history and because it would be nice to vote for the winner for a change. I have voted since 1976, in 8 presidential elections, and have only had a winner twice. I think that Obama will be better than either of the winners who got my vote (Carter '76, Clinton '92), so that will do for me. I am almost more excited about the Senators and Representatives I am helping elect this year, like Jeff Merkley in OR-Sen and House races like Martin Heinrich in NM-01 and Carol Shea-Porter in NH-01. I spent this last weekend walking precincts in Long Beach and Huntington Beach for Debbie Cook in CA-46. If she wins I will be overjoyed...
Time to get off the computer and go vote. Wish us luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home