Thursday, June 07, 2007

THE CHRISTIAN RAMONES-- BEAT ON THE BEAST WITH THE PRINCE OF PEACE: GABBA GABBA PRAY

>


My friend Johnny hipped me to a Christian band from North Carolina calling themselves The Christian Ramones. They're an acoustic version of the first punk rock band. Johnny thinks it's straight up and I'm leaning towards spoof. What do you think?


I mean I've been writing that the evangelicals are starting to back away from the hard right and narrow partisan anti-Jesus positions of the Republican Party, but... Christian Ramones? I don't know. It sure doesn't jibe with what I got out of Jesus Camp... or does it?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Jimmy the Saint said...

Gotta love any excuse to slip The Ramones into a post. While I think most of them would be amused, I don't think they'd like it. Hell, I bet Dee Dee(is he the lone Republican in the group?) wouldn't even be pleased.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger DownWithTyranny said...

Johnny was the Republican. Dee Dee was kind of a neo-fascist but non-political mostly. I think Johnny would have been happy if there were royalties coming his way.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe the three ramones dudes went to heaven and met jesus up there and figured they'd want to come down and recommend him to us ?

i wonder if they're working on a christian version of the movie rock n roll high school ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home